Shitbox Rally means the outback car rally as generally described in the Shitbox Rally Terms and Conditions.
Shitbox Rally Assistants means all persons engaged (whether voluntarily or otherwise) or employed by Mr James Freeman or the Chamberlayne Trust in the planning and/or organisation of the Shitbox Rally including but not limited to Annie Morris, James Hallowell, Jon Worrell and Greg Hallet.
Shitbox Rally Director means James Freeman or as otherwise advised.
Shitbox Rally Organisers means the Chamberlayne Trust ABN 68 970 410 312, the Shitbox Rally Director.
Sponsors means all sponsors of the Shitbox Rally including but not limited to Manheim ABN 79 089 074 206 and sponsors of teams participating in the Shitbox Rally.
This Policy is provided by the Shitbox Rally Organisers, (collectively referred to as “we”, “our” and “us”).
We respect and uphold your rights to privacy protection under the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The National Privacy Principles can be found at www.privacy.gov.au
This Policy describes how and when we collect your personal information, what that information may be used for, who uses it, when it may be disclosed to other parties, and how you can access your details and control your own personal information.
By visiting Shitbox Rally’s website (www.shitboxrally.com.au) (“Website”), you are deemed to have read and agree to be bound by this Policy.
- Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. We will endeavour to collect information directly from you whenever possible. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you, unless you provide it voluntarily and knowingly.
Information collected through the Website
- As a user of the Website, you may be asked to submit personal information to us including your name, email address, home address and telephone number.
- If at any time you provide the personal information of another person to us, you must ensure that the other person has read and understood this Policy and separately consents to their personal information being used and disclosed by us in accordance with this Policy.
- We may also collect the following information from the Website:
We may collect statistical information regarding the use of the Website. This collection includes your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, the date and time of your visit, previous sites visited and browser type. This information is collected to provide us with information about the use of the Website and to help us maintain and develop the Website to provide better information to users.
You can prevent this collection of information by setting your browser from accepting cookies. This will not prevent you from accessing the Website, however it may prevent you from utilising all features of the Website.
- If you provide financial information to us, we may collect additional necessary information, such as a billing address, credit card number and credit card expiration date, financial institution account details and tracking information from cheques or money orders.
Use and disclosure of information
- The information we collect may be used:
- 6.1to process your entry into the Shitbox Rally and provide information to you about the Shitbox Rally;
- 6.2to confirm your identity when you make enquiries about your entry into the Shitbox Rally or about the Shitbox Rally;
- 6.3to communicate with you about the Shitbox Rally and any associated events;
- 6.4to respond to your queries;
- 6.5to republish information on the Website;
- 6.6for our internal business, administrative, marketing, planning, and research requirements;
- 6.7for purposes that are expressly permitted under any agreement with you (including, but not limited to, the Shitbox Rally Terms and Conditions and the Shitbox Rally Deed Poll of Acknowledgement, Release and Indemnity by Participant); and
- 6.8to do any of those things listed in sections 6.1 to 6.7 (inclusive) in conjunction with the Cancer Council and the Sponsors.
- In order to conduct the Shitbox Rally, we may disclose your personal information to other organisations. Your personal information may be disclosed to these organisations, in relation to the purpose(s) in connection with which we obtained your personal information. These organisations include, but are not limited to Cancer Council and Everyday Hero. We endeavour to take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
- We will not use or disclose, and will use reasonable endeavours to prevent the use or disclosure of, information provided by you except:
- 8.1as required for the administration and conduct of the Shitbox Rally;
- 8.2as expressly permitted under any agreement with you (including, but not limited to, the Shitbox Rally Terms and Conditions and the Shitbox Rally Deed Poll of Acknowledgement, Release and Indemnity by Participant);
- 8.3on a confidential basis to agents that we use in the ordinary operation of our business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing;
- 8.4on a secured basis as required for the ordinary operation of the Website, such as sending the information to a back up data centre;
- 8.5as required under compulsion of law or provided in co-operation with any governmental authority; or
- 8.6where it is already publicly available or is disclosed by us in a manner that does not readily permit identification of information relating to you.
Access and Correction
Marketing and promotion communications
- We may use the personal information provided to send newsletters outlining news, Shitbox Rally updates, promotional offers or events (both electronic and hardcopy) to you.
- We care about protecting the security of your personal information, and we have implemented security procedures to protect the personal information which you provide to us. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy.
Links to other websites
- From time to time our Website may contain links to other websites. We make no representations or warranties as to the privacy practices of any website operated by a third party, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites.
- If we delay or do not exercise any of our rights and remedies available to us under this Policy, that will not be a waiver of that right or remedy.
- If any provision of this Policy is held to be invalid, void, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, such provision shall be deemed to be severed from this Policy and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
- Any amendment will be made on a prospective basis, i.e. all information received or retained before the time of any amendment will remain subject to the Policy applicable before the amendment.
- Although we intend to observe this Policy at all times, it is not legally binding on us in any way. From time to time we may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside this Policy. We may do so subject to any statutory rights you have under the Privacy Act or other applicable legislation.
[Policy last updated 4th June 2015]