Second Shot Shitbox means the fundraising competition as generally described in the Second Shot Shitbox Terms and Conditions.
Second Shot Shitbox Director means James Freeman or as otherwise advised.
Second Shot Shitbox Organisers means the Box Rallies Pty Ltd ACN 603 209 409, the Second Shot Shitbox Director.
This Policy is provided by the Second Shot Shitbox Organisers, (collectively referred to as “we”, “our” and “us”).
We respect and uphold your rights to privacy protection under the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The National Privacy Principles can be found at www.privacy.gov.au
This Policy describes how and when we collect your personal information, what that information may be used for, who uses it, when it may be disclosed to other parties, and how you can access your details and control your own personal information.
By visiting Second Shot Shitbox’s website, you are deemed to have read and agree to be bound by this Policy.
1. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. We will endeavour to collect information directly from you whenever possible. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you, unless you provide it voluntarily and knowingly.
Information collected through the Website
2. As a user of the Website, you may be asked to submit personal information to us including your name, email address, home address and telephone number.
3. If at any time you provide the personal information of another person to us, you must ensure that the other person has read and understood this Policy and separately consents to their personal information being used and disclosed by us in accordance with this Policy.
4. We may also collect the following information from the Website:
4.1 Statistical information
We may collect statistical information regarding the use of the Website. This collection includes your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, the date and time of your visit, previous sites visited and browser type. This information is collected to provide us with information about the use of the Website and to help us maintain and develop the Website to provide better information to users.
You can prevent this collection of information by setting your browser from accepting cookies. This will not prevent you from accessing the Website, however it may prevent you from utilising all features of the Website.
5. If you provide financial information to us, we may collect additional necessary information, such as a billing address, credit card number and credit card expiration date, financial institution account details and tracking information from cheques or money orders.
Use and disclosure of information
6. The information we collect may be used:
6.1 to process your entry into Second Shot Shitbox and provide information to you about Second Shot Shitbox;
6.2 to confirm your identity when you make enquiries about your entry into Second Shot Shitbox or about Second Shot Shitbox;
6.3 to communicate with you about Second Shot Shitbox and any associated events;
6.4 to respond to your queries;
6.5 to republish information on the Website;
6.6 for our internal business, administrative, marketing, planning, and research requirements;
6.7 for purposes that are expressly permitted under any agreement with you (including, but not limited to, the Second Shot Shitbox Terms and Conditions); and
6.8 to do any of those things listed in sections 6.1 to 6.7 (inclusive) in conjunction with the Cancer Council.
7. In order to conduct the Second Shot Shitbox, we may disclose your personal information to other organisations. Your personal information may be disclosed to these organisations, in relation to the purpose(s) in connection with which we obtained your personal information. These organisations include but are not limited to Cancer Council. We endeavour to take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
8. We will not use or disclose, and will use reasonable endeavours to prevent the use or disclosure of, information provided by you except:
8.1 as required for the administration and conduct of Second Shot Shitbox;
8.2 as expressly permitted under any agreement with you (including, but not limited to, Second Shot Shitbox Terms and Conditions);
8.3 on a confidential basis to agents that we use in the ordinary operation of our business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing;
8.4 on a secured basis as required for the ordinary operation of the Website, such as sending the information to a backup data centre;
8.5 as required under compulsion of law or provided in co-operation with any governmental authority; or
8.6 where it is already publicly available or is disclosed by us in a manner that does not readily permit identification of information relating to you.
Access and Correction
9. You may request access to personal information about you held by us by writing to James Freeman, email@example.com or PO Box 10308, Adelaide BC, SA 5000. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access it (e.g. emailing or mailing it to you).
10. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it by writing to James Freeman, firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 10308, Adelaide BC, SA 5000.
Marketing and promotion communications
11. We may use the personal information provided to send newsletters outlining news, Second Shot Shitbox updates, promotional offers or events (both electronic and hardcopy) to you.
12. You may opt out of receiving any communications from us at any time. If you wish to do this, please do so by written request addressed to James Freeman, email@example.com or PO Box 10308, Adelaide BC, SA 5000. Please indicate on your request whether you wish to opt out of either, or both, postal and electronic communications.
13. We care about protecting the security of your personal information, and we have implemented security procedures to protect the personal information which you provide to us. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy.
Links to other websites
14. From time to time our Website may contain links to other websites. We make no representations or warranties as to the privacy practices of any website operated by a third party, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites.
15. Any questions, feedback or suggestions about this Policy, request to opt out of communications or any complaint regarding treatment of your privacy by us, should be made in writing to James Freeman, firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 10308, Adelaide BC, SA 5000.
16. If we delay or do not exercise any of our rights and remedies available to us under this Policy, that will not be a waiver of that right or remedy.
17. If any provision of this Policy is held to be invalid, void, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, such provision shall be deemed to be severed from this Policy and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
18. We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time. The most current version of this Policy will be located on the Website or a copy can be obtained by contacting James Freeman, email@example.com or PO Box 10308, Adelaide BC, SA 5000.
19. Any amendment will be made on a prospective basis, i.e. all information received or retained before the time of any amendment will remain subject to the Policy applicable before the amendment.
20. Although we intend to observe this Policy at all times, it is not legally binding on us in any way. From time to time we may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside this Policy. We may do so subject to any statutory rights you have under the Privacy Act or other applicable legislation.
[Policy last updated 12th September 2018]